Most of the business organizations, offering products or services, have realized the power and potential of apps and are investing in app development to satisfy their customers. If your company doesn’t have a mobile app yet, you could be missing out on a golden opportunity to tap into new revenue streams. Smartphones and tablets are where today’s consumers live. The majority of the 120 million Smartphone owners in the U.S. use a shopping or retail app.
If you’d like a mobile app that lets customers buy your products or simply access products reviews, videos or coupons — you’ll need to hire an experienced developer you trust to custom build it.
Here are some important do’s that you should consider while choosing the right mobile app development company:
- Preparations: There are a few questions that you need to ask yourself: who is your audience? Is your application designed for the consumer or for businesses? These tough questions need to be answered prior to the application development. In fact, this small yet important part of the preparation is necessary for the future of the application as it ensures that everything is well thought off before the application is developed.
In addition to this, you should also consider competing applications. What are the strengths of the competitors and how can your application be different from the competitors. Knowing the key strength of your application as compared with the competitor’s is important so that you won’t be competing directly with their strong features but instead working to make it better and unique.
- Look for a developer interested in your business: A good development company should be able to not only guide you through the process of development, but also give you creative input based on their experience with similar apps. The good ones know what works and what doesn’t on the app store because they’ve worked with many clients.
- Experience: iPhone app development is a relatively new field of technology but still, you should hire a company that has some experience in app development. Experienced companies handle complicated projects confidently and discover a solution for technical issues quite fast.
- Cost of development: You should pick a firm that offers all the required services (app development, deployment, upgrade and technical support) and also fits within your budget. Never compromise on quality to save a few dollars.
Mobile application development companies in India can play around in a figure that is much cheaper than the ones mentioned but nevertheless, you should always consider developers that are seasoned instead of beginners. There is also the time factor that needs to be thought out as well.
- Is it a real company or a bunch individuals and freelancers working together?
- How many Smartphone apps have they developed that are actually shipping in the app stores?
- Can they do the app user interface and visual design work?
- What is their business model? Do they sell their own apps?
- How many of their clients are “recognizable” and can they give their reference?
- What’s the average experience of their engineers? Are they free lancers? Or fulltime.
- Do you have a dedicated product manager who manages the process, or do you have to manage it via Skype and email, at 12 midnight?
- Where are they located?
- How often will you get status updates?
- Do they provide a password protected location for you and your testers to download and install your app regularly during development?
- Do their app developers test on actual devices? Which devices? How many? Which OS versions and languages?
Here are some list of questions that one should ask himself before Hiring an App Development Company
The answers to these questions will vary considerably from vendor to vendor, so just think over these questions. Analyze the answers and then decide which company is the best to hire for your application development.