Do you know that Search engine Optimization (SEO) is somewhat related to web design? Yes, for search engine optimization to work, you need the expertise of a website designer. In fact, on-page optimization primarily deals with making changes in the website design, titles and Meta tags, repairing broken links, updating content and a lot more. Google is always pleased to see an updated website and ranks it accordingly.
Just assume you got an SUV. Will you keep it in the garage and take it out only when you need a drive? No ways. You take care of it, wash it regularly, and see that it retains the fresh and new look every time you bring it out, isn’t it? Similarly, you should also take care of your website which is the building block of your online business. Website designing, developing and launch do not end all responsibilities for you. It will not work for you until and unless you make it work. As a car needs to be driven, a website should be made effective with continuous refurbishing.
To optimize your website according to Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird (Google algorithms that help to determine the rank of any website), you should continuously monitor your site with the eyes of an eagle. Any single improvement or deterioration should be noted and proper steps taken. Furthermore, content should be updated regularly so that whenever users come to your site, they get to see something new instead of those conventional “yeah-yeah” phrases.
Without creating more confusion, let us quickly jot down the basic requirements of a website to stay updated and achieve high ranks in the Search Engine Results Pages:
• Put up relevant keywords and key phrases in the Meta Title and Descriptions. This will not only impress Google and other search engines but also help to streamline the search process enabling your customers to find you easily with keywords.
• Update your website with high quality content so that when a visitor returns to your page, he finds enough content and updates needed to make him stick around.
• Do not forget to include alternative text for images and if possible, include keywords in those texts.
• Proper navigation is extremely important for you to score high in the search engine result pages. If the Google spiders are not able to navigate your website without any hindrance, they will not rank you in a favorable position.
• Link internally as well as externally to create a high impression of your website in the eyes of Google. Internal linking facilitates the user to move around all pages of your website and come across all the relevant content and information provided. External linking to other heavy traffic-holding sites will improve your impression in the eyes of popular search engines.
• You need a proper and definite URL without special characters and symbols which users as well as search engines can understand. Instruct your designers accordingly.
• Keyword density is a big factor to boost your ranks in the search engines. Make sure your content is keyword enriched (and not keyword-stuffed) to acquire good ranks in the Search results.
While this is the on-page scenario, you can rank your website in the top pages of Google by playing some off-page SEO tricks as well.
The main purpose of off-page optimization techniques is to build more traffic for your website by increasing your visibility in the search engine pages. Moreover, the use of specific off-page Search Engine Optimization techniques also ensures a stagnant position in the Search Engine Result Pages which is necessary to enhance your online presence. These can be understood better in the following points:
• Update your blog: It is essential to maintain the flow of traffic to your website to increase chances of conversion. Recurrent visits from any single IP address indicates that someone likes your website immensely and visit it often. All you can do is to trigger his/her interest more in your website by updating your blog regularly. Generally, blog posts are quite user-friendly and fun to read. Hence put up a blog and keep on updating it with latest information about market trends and other user-loved topics.
• Take part in groups and communities: Social media is a blooming platform to enhance the performance of any online enterprise. Create groups to discuss market trends, user-friendly products and services, price inflation and create awareness regarding your latest innovative ideas and note the audience reactions. You can also tweet about your services in Twitter to gain followers, put up interesting quotes on your social media pages, and create forums to interact with your potential clients/customers and the list is endless.
• Bookmark your website: Opt for social bookmarking to garner maximum traffic. The bookmark sites are frequently visited and effectively ranked by search engines and hence you have a chance to pull up your website in the search engine hierarchy.
More factors contribute towards maintaining your position in the Google pages. A lot of toil and tedious work is required for uniform growth and development. Thousands of competitors are out there, waiting to grab your neck and pull you down the ladder of growth. Hire a professional SEO expert to keep them at bay. With your competitors held back, ascending the steps to digital glory will not be that difficult at all.