Magento is the most famous e-commerce platform in the world. Developers like it because it is an open source. Big businesses like it because it is powerful, and they have got huge budgets to spend on annual fees for Premium Enterprise subscription. Learn setting up a Magento store by following these steps:
Sign up into Magento Go
- Check out Magento. Visit the official website and have a look around. Most of the information on the official website is for developers, so if you do not understand it, do not worry your developer will do the work for you.
- Visit the Magento Go
- If you are satisfied with what you see on the web click Go from the top menu-bar of the page.
- Make a click on Start Your Free Trial.
- Now Name your online store. Insert any name that comes to your mind. You can change the name later.
- Insert you e-mail address and click Let’s Go.
- Fill out all the business details. You will be asked to enter your name, phone number, location, username and password. You can also enter you experience level and industry.
- Your password must at least contain eight characters.
- After filling out the entire form, make a click on Create my store.
- Wait for an e-mail confirmation. Make a click on the link provided in the e-mail to view your online store.
- Go to the Store Admin. Here you can customize your store according to your needs.
Select your store design
- Go to Design Interface. Move your cursor over the option for Design menu. Now in the submenu, make a click on Select And Customize Your Design.
- Click Continue to move on to your theme editor.
- Now browse all the themes. And then click Preview for any selected theme.
- Select your theme and click Customize.
- Set a name for your theme and click Save.
- You can also edit your theme. After you have done editing, click Save and Apply.
- Add your logo and click Submit.
- Open the Products’ page. Select the product type and click Continue.
- Now fill out the product details. You can also turn on WYSUWYG Editor for adding the description of product. You will need to enter details including the product name, delivery details, description, SKU and weight.
- When you are done, make a click on Save and Continue Edit.
- Now add images and prices. Click images on the left sided menu to browse pictures from your computer. After selecting the desired picture, click Upload Files. Enter prices for the products and select Save and Continue Edit.
- Add Meta Information and then click Save.
Set up the shipping and payment options before launching your store.
Launch your store
You have created a basic Magento store and now you are ready to start using your online store. In order to launch your store, go to Quick-start wizard and select Get Going. Now make a click on Launch Your Store and you are all set to go.